Tuesday, August 28, 2007

High School Musical 1 & 2




I'm not sure how many of you have experience these disney channel tv musicals, but let me just tell you that we love them! The plots and songs of the musicals mirrors Grease but they have the cleanliness of an episode of Saved by the Bell. Last weekend High School Musical 2 came out and since then I have probably seen it around 6 times.




The best thing about this wholesome teeny musical is the actors who play the lead characters (Zac Efron and Vanessa Hugdens) are dating in real life. It makes their love that much more real...j/k.

Chloe and Conner have also memorized all the words to the first movie and they are working on the second. Conner knows the all the characters real names too. While we were in Boise last week, Grammy let him print one thing off the computer each day. Each day he would print out a full page head shot of one of the charters. Also, Dusty was trying to think of how the beginning of one of the songs goes so he asked me, "how does 'The Start of Something New' begin?". As I was trying to figure it out Conner says "living in my own word...". He's so clever.


If you like musicals, give these a shot!

3 comments:

christy said...

I think it is about time we upgrade our cable so we can get Disney (and let's be honest...some MTV!)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you've started a blog! You make me laugh! Okay, so I'm nearly in love with Zac Efron...after seeing Hairspray, you can't help by fall for this kid. I can openly admit that I DVRed HSM2. Ben got sucked in too...he would kill me if he knew I was sharing that with the world.

LOVE THE BLOG!

Andy Nelson said...

Wow, just another example of Dusty's creepy addiction to kid's movies. Sounds like he's converting Ben too, huh? Watch out, Kara, or you'll have another John Mark Karr on your hands.