Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Car!

I finally sold the car that I'd been driving since I was 16: We purchased this vehicle on Sunday evening (ours is black):



Let's face it, I needed a new car. My car had no A/C, no power widows or doors, and simply no power (making it hard to get up hills at a reasonable pace). Also, Dusty hated the color. Dusty and I had been looking and saving for a car for almost 2 years and had bounced from a Nissan Xterra to a Honda CRV to a Honda Pilot. We finally settled on the Honda CRV.

My old car was surprising easy to sell. I put the car on the Boeing Classifieds and on Craigslist and got TONS of calls about it. Apparently, everyone's' kids are turning 16 and this is a perfect fit. At least they thought it was the perfect fit until they saw the color. After they saw the color only parents of teenage girls were interested. Anyway, sold the car to a dad/daughter combo in a day for full price. Not too shabby. Maybe I should have sold the car for a higher price. Oh well. I sold the car for a tenth of what I bought the new one for.

8 comments:

Doreen T. said...

Congrats! That's one nice looking SUV. Good job also on saving your $$$ so that you could buy the car without incurring debt.

christy said...

Awesome! Congrats Kara. I am SO happy for you. You definitely are very deserving of a brand new car after putting up with no AC for sooo long! Way to save too.

Robica said...

Sweet ride!

jetjrfhth said...

nice new car...also, the renovations on the house look great! Hope everything is going well!

The Browne Fam said...

Hey Kara! Thats some exciting news! Its always so fun getting a new car! We are looking right now at that exact one!! Its a beauty! Hope to see you soon!

anne said...

I can't wait to see it! It's sad to see the distinct color go, but I think you're deserving of a new one!

kel said...

Sweeeet car, Kara. I'm waiting for mine to break down soon! :) Enjoy the power windows and locks... I've heard they're pretty nice to have. HAha.

Robin said...

Hey Kara- my bro said he ran into you and you both could hardly keep a straight face because apparently you make each other laugh. =)I told him I secretly watch your blog and he said you look at mine...so here I am, big sis saying hello. =)