Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Pregnasty...thus far

Since I'm over 16 weeks pregnant, I thought I'd share my experience thus far.  I've been asked a lot of questions lately so I thought I'd share my most common questions and responses here for the world to see.


1. How are you feeling?
I feel and have felt fine.  I didn't get much nausea and, yes, I do consider myself lucky.

2. Are you tired?
Haven't noticed.  I usually go to bed around 9 anyway and I work from home so there's not a lot for me to be tired from.

3.  What symptoms have you had?
My face broke out like crazy during my first tri.  My doc said I couldn't uses any acne cleansers or treatment on it though.  Luckily my face has started to clear up. Also, there was a week during my first tri where I got up twice a night to pee.  

4. Why don't you look pregnant?
I'm kind of tall so my doctor said I probably won't "pop" until 24 weeks.  I can still fit in most my jeans but next week I might have to start using the rubber band trick to keep them on.

5. What are you going to do once the baby comes?
Have the baby.  Take maternity leave.  Go back to work once my maternity leave is over.  Find some sort of childcare.

6. Is Dusty excited? Are your parents excited.
Yes and yes.

7. Were you trying to get pregnant for a while.
No.

8. Do you think you are having a boy or girl?
Girl.

9. When's "the ultrasound"?
3 weeks.


8 comments:

Our growing family said...

WOW!!! that sounds like an amazing pregnancy so far!!
glad you are feeling well!
can;t wait to hear if the baby is a boy or a girl!so excited for you!

CMC said...

Love the Q&A :) I'm thinking girl for you too, but mostly because that seems to be the trend as of late. Have you felt any movement yet?

christy said...

I think it is a boy (based only on the fact that I had a similar pregnancy... which really has nothing to do with it but has been correct with 2 other people.. :)

Robica said...

thanks for the update!

Stacy said...

My midwife said there is really no evidence that topical over the counter acne face washes or creams cause any problems with the baby. I had read something saying you shouldn't use those products too, but she said that if you use them as directed there really isn't an issue. Now, proactive and things are probably too strong, but a facewash like Aveeno or Neutrogena isn't bad. Anyways, just thought I'd share that - I know all Drs are different though!

J Yo said...

Love hearing the updates! Keep 'em coming. And I'm waiting for a picture of you in high-waisted maternity jeans. :)

Julianne said...

You are so funny and I love the question, "Why don't you look pregnant yet?" People are so funny! You look great and I am so glad that you are feeling well and doing great! Can't wait to hear what the baby is!!!

Mike and Becka said...

You're so matter of fact. Thank you for answering all of our questions. You crack me up.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night, then on Sunday, then on Wednesday, then on Thursday. Sheesh - hope I don't get sick of you :)